Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Students Going to Jamaica: Juline Chen


I am really excited to be going on our service trip in Jamaica! I am looking forward to applying the tools and knowledge I have gained from my two years as a Health Management in Policy student at the School of Public Health and working with the local staff in the clinics to find feasible and sustainable solutions that bring value to the clinic and to the surrounding community. I've been interested in global health (specifically capacity building and health systems strengthening in developing countries) for quite some time, and have had the opportunity to do health-related work in Ghana and Rwanda in the past. However, this will be my first time working in the Caribbean so I’m curious to see how my experiences will be similar or differ from previous experiences working in other places. I hear that Jamaica is an amazing place, and I can’t wait to learn first-hand about the vibrant Jamaican culture and people.

No comments: